All board positions are open!
NWB is an 8 year old Oregon Not-for-profit 501c3 organization that seeks to empower low-resource communities through education, sustainable resources and Naturopathic healthcare.
We envision a world where every person has access to Naturopathic healthcare and the resources to create and sustain healthy lives and communities. Our model combines long-term Naturopathic healthcare with interventions to foster healthy communities including education, gardening, sanitation, economic development, technology, and other needs. To accomplish this, we will unify our community of Naturopathic doctors, students, advisors, donors, and allies with the international/domestic communities in which we work.
You have a foundational understanding of social, racial, reproductive and/or justice. You have lived experience as someone who has been directly impacted by poverty, classism, racism, ageism, ableism, sexism, heterosexism, transphobia, and/or xenophobia; or are someone who holds intersecting identities; or you are an ally and accomplice to the above mentioned groups. You are aligned with NWB values (see below).
- You can commit to:
- 4 teleconference/video conference meetings in 2018-2019
- Engaging in one or more NWB Board Committees 75% of the time
- Commit to a meaningful financial contribution of $1000 or more, or in kind donation of time and skills (25+ hours per year of time and skills can be used as a substitute for financial contribution)
- Alignment with NWB values:
- We believe healthcare is a human right
- We honor community-led and driven work that uplifts the self-determination of individuals to make decisions for themselves, their families and their communities
- We practice Global Health through a racial justice and anti-oppression lens and framework
- Identifying our own biases and privilege in an effort to decolonize our work
- You have skills in at least 1 the following areas of expertise:
- Legal background
- Non-profit (leadership, development)
- Global Health
- Medicine (of all disciplines)
- Community Health
- Graphic artist and web design
Since we are located throughout the U.S. potential board members should have access to a phone for conference call in options and/or a computer for video chatting. Meetings occur quarterly, generally the last week of the following months: July 2018, November 2018, March 2019, July 2019.